Hello, I'm Corinne Marasco
I'm a writer and editor.
I'm a content manager.
I'm a researcher.
I can help you find the sweater inside the wadded-up ball of yarn you call an idea.
What I really want to tell you about me is…
I collaborate with entrepreneurs, consultants, and nonprofit organizations by
- providing advice and counsel to uncover the answers that they can't always see for themselves;
- offering feedback and actionable advice to help things progress;
- writing and editing articles and reports;
- creating publications using InDesign;
- conducting background research for an idea;
- brainstorming and synthesizing information; and
- working with them to find the best path that keeps them and their work moving forward.
when we work together…
I dive beneath the surface of “the quick fix mentality” to guide a project.
I like to anticipate any obstacles and work out alternatives to manage risk.
I like to look for connections to help others see the big picture.
I look for fresh perspectives and ideas to keep things interesting.
I'm a patient and active listener.
The major points…
Drawing on more than 20 years working in the nonprofit sector, my expertise includes
- Author/editor of two books and numerous publications
- Editorial director of a career-related web site
- Contributed articles to specialty publications
- Wrote 32 letters of inquiry and grant proposals totaling $1.14 million for a community service organization
- Researched and identified potential funding opportunities
- Performed in-depth research of potential major donors
- Acquired a working knowledge of basic HTML, SquareSpace, InDesign, WordPress, Twitter, Feedly, IFTTT, Slack, and Ryver.
I was born and raised in Massachusetts. We call soda tonic, traffic circles are rotaries, there is a sandwich called the Fluffernutter, and wicked is an adverb.
I love to cook and enjoy the taste of fine chocolate. I've even won a couple of prizes for my chocolate desserts.
I enjoy reading mysteries and biographies. I also think P.G. Wodehouse wrote some of the finest –and funniest– English prose.
I currently live in Northern Virginia, and am delighted that the Internet can connect me with people and mysteries to solve all across the world. Who knows – will yours be next?
If you're interested and want to dive deeper, let's connect!
I don't have to be the creative genius who comes up with the big idea--that's your job. I'm the person who works behind the scenes to help you succeed.